Elasadia

The full moon was up at its highest point, it shone all over Mount Elasadia, it sparkled like diamonds as the midnight stars crept into the black sky. Elasadia is, and always will be my home, I am a wolf, I am the leader of my pack, I run, hunt and protect my pack until the time has come for a new leader. Now we hunt until morning, then we rest.
We are running as fast as the wind like usual, the tree shadows were bowing down onto us as if a huge tunnel had formed, all of a sudden CRACK purple lightning pierced through the night sky showing grey clouds that were hidden from the sky. My pack all came to a halt, I had to round up all the cubs and lead them to their mothers then we kept going cautiously.
I spot a deer about to lay down, I signal my pack to crouch down into the long grass and we all get ready to pounce, then crack again the lighting strikes through the sky, and the deer ran off with a shock.
My pack and I run to the top of a mountain and howl to the full moon we do this every night to warn, and comfort those alone in the woods. We continue our hunt as we sprint through the forest. I hear a quiet sound of a wheel, but no, it must have been something else since no human has come near mount Elasadia in 172 years. I thought my ears had deceived me about the sound of the wheel, but again the sound becomes louder with more force. Humans, humans are near the boundaries of our home, our territory these humans are just going to rewrite history. Long ago, humans used to live in harmony with wolves, we would share the hunting grounds and share food supplies when there was famine. But one day, the humans betrayed us and wanted to take over the land cause we were eating most of the supplies and they thought we were useless, so there was a war between humankind and wolf kind.
Eventually we, the wolf’s won and made a rule that no human was allowed near mount Elasadia.
I warn my pack and they all get anxious about why humans are here and what they want. My heart skips an extra beat, I start to get anxious too, what if there is a war again and the humans win, what will happen to us?
I quickly calm myself down, remembering that I am the leader of my pack. I need to be a good role model and calm my pack down. I count to three, take a big breath and tell my pack everything is going to be fine and that our ancestors have fought them before, we can too. I was trying to say it with courage and confidence, but my throat was dry from the cold, dragon breath air, my heart is throbbing and aching from stress.
My pack and I don’t know if there will be a war or not or if they have come in peace, but I do know that we have to keep moving forwards and find out.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!