Captain failure

FALLING BACK
The year is 40006 and Earth’s greatest army is under attack. Captain Failure is leading the troops to victory but he is unaware they are slowly falling back in to a deadly trap that will kill them all. Kevin the friendly alien waddles up to his loyal captain to tell him the bad news. “Nooo! We can’t be out of lettuce I need my lettuce!”

Captain Failure stared down into the shrimps eyes, “Go and look in my personal supply of lettuce.” Suddenly with a loud bang they were hit by an unknown attacker. Kevin ran up to Captain Failure, “We are low on ammo and shields are down, we have to surrender.”
Captain Failure denied Kevin and hid helplessly behind a chair. Kevin took control and commanded a pilot to turn and head for home.

THE REAL BAD NEWS
A few hours later when the ship landed Captain Failure asked for back up ships to take on the deadly swarm trying to kill them. Captain Failure and Kevin were invited to a special ceremony in their name. Kevin arrived first dressed in a tuxedo and top hat followed by his captain dressed in a European suit worth a fortune.

Captain Failure and Kevin sat in front row as the party was for them. The two mates sat as their boss Mr Willers glided down from the ceiling by two cables connected to his belt. He landed swiftly and softly and announced the news, “Captain Failure, you’re FIRED!” Everyone gasped and Captain Failure fainted. Kevin cried because his captain has been fired and as Captain Failure’s private he knew he was fired too. Kevin screamed so loud the china and wine glasses broke!

THE AFTER LIFE
The next week captain failure walked out of his apartment to look for a new job. Kevin trailed behind him literally. Kevin was tied behind Mr Failure by a long cord since he was fired and is deadly and has to be tied up.

After hours of searching they got a job at the bakery serving customers and making cakes. Finally after six weeks they got their pay. “Seven hundred dollars, wow that’s lots!” shouted Kevin as for he gets paid only one hundred and fifty dollars a year. Captain Failure and Kevin continued to work there and every six weeks they were quiet happy to get paid.
GETTING BACK IN
The next week war was declared by the ugly beasts. All people with military cards, (which Captain Failure and Kevin still had) had to go to war. After hours of fighting Captain Failure heroically jumped on a bomb and saved his crew. Kevin rushed his Captain to intensive care as he was still alive but little did he know what he called his life was almost over.

Kevin was awarded Most Helpful to his Captain Award after Captain Failure’s death. Kevin went on to still work in the bakery attending Captain Failure grave everyday.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!