Quick

The rain trickled down the grey shiny umbrella, the moon was glaring down on the empty playground… the rusty swing blowing in the wind. The black figure stood like a statue but his head twisted when a triple R Bentley sped down the silent street. The car pulled to a stop, and a woman dressed in black climbed out… a man wearing a grey suit. The black figure lowered his umbrella, and started walking forward.
“Do you have them?” the woman's voice flowed out like it was velvet…
“Yes, but this is the last time Merissa…” the man’s voice husky and rough. “ If we get caught…”
“I know you can go to prison again and you won't.” Merissa interrupted, She put her hand out expecting some. “The diamonds Mr. Greys…”.
'”Please call me Jared.” he explained as he handed Merissa a silk bag… she cautiously opened the bag and peered inside to see millions of dollars' worth of diamonds… she called the man behind her and passed him a diamond. He inspected it for a second then nodded after placing it back in the bag…
“Can I have my part of the deal..?” he straightened his back and stood up tall, Merissa stepped over to the car and opened the back door… a young girl with long brown hair and blue eyes fell out. She scrambled to her feet after gazing up at the three adults bearing down on her… it took him a second to realise who she was but when he did he couldn’t believe it… his tight grasp on the grey umbrella loosened and it fell to the ground, leaped forward and wrapped his arms around her… startled she backed away. She stared at him…
“It’s me” he pleaded
'”Dad? No my dad died he was… She was interrupted by Jared
“Shot, I was shot by Jason my brother and your uncle… when they came and took you away a man found me and took me to a hospital… that’s when I met Merissa then she said she was able to get you back if I made a deal with her and even though I took the chance you’re here…” he explained "please come home…" he holds his hand out and she takes it. “Goodbye Merissa. Smithers…” he nods and strides away, Lucy trailing behind him… Merissa and Smithers watched them until they spend away in a red car breaking the silence of the now pitch black street. “Where were you?” Lucy questioned as they sped off…
“I didn’t know where you were I couldn’t come after you, Merissa said if I came after you she would…” he paused, the sorrow in his voice couldn’t be any deeper, he gazed at Lucy but didn’t say anything… and for a second Lucy felt safe, but that all ended so quickly… the scene of the crash was drowned by flames, the happiness and love was gone. Forever…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!