Zendaya

Chapter 1: Choosing
Piper could smell smoke. She shot up, the walls were blackened and the curtains were burning up. A gush of smoke flew across the room and into her face. She choked. It felt like it was never going to end. A flame went across the floor and onto her bed. She suddenly woke up and to her surprise everything was back to normal. She realised it was all a horrible nightmare. The night before she could have sworn her gemstone was there but when she woke up it wasn’t!!! She raced out of her room and ran out to the back of her cottage, she jumped on to her horse called Fritta.
She rode around asking the villagers if they had seen anyone or anything in or near her house. Everyone said, “No.” Then it hit her, it was Zendaya. She had been jealous of Piper ever since her dad got ruled King. Piper knew she had to find her gemstone but she was scared to go alone. She decided to gather a group of villagers to come on the journey to find Zendaya and the gemstone.
She was about to knock on her Uncle (Michael’s) door when her head got flooded with bad thoughts like ‘What if we are not strong enough? What if I get lost? What if the people I bring die or get hurt? What if I don’t come back?’ She thought long and hard about what to do. She came to a conclusion to bring only friends and strong people with her. She knocked on her friend Aurora to come with her, she said yes. She knocked on her other 3 friends, Lilo, Jade and Farron. They all agreed to go with her. Last she knocked on Phil and Lil, her mum’s friends, they are really strong. She had 6 other people with her, she felt strong.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!