Jade's Story

The piercing sound of the police car in the back of my head as I try to piece together what had happened. My sister, Jade murdered and my boyfriend, a suspect. When he didn’t. I knew he didn’t. How could he have? I was with him, right? My brain kept telling me that it wasn’t him. But how can you be so sure? No mucking around when it comes to family! After all, how could I not follow my number 1 rule, ‘when in doubt, ponder’.

So …. me and my boyfriend, Noah were spending a night in and our movie marathon was interrupted by a late phone call from my sister’s phone. A police officer announced Jade’s tragic death.
According to the officer, Jade’s husband, Mark came home from work and found his beloved wife, lying in a pool of blood, that was eager to escape from her wound.

I was in shock. She had the sweetest heart even though she looked like a rebel on the outside. She had jade streaks in her,straight raven coloured hair and this pendant that hung just below her collarbone. “We’re calling your mother next.” the police officer uttered. He hung up and I immediately burst into tears. My eyes couldn’t keep up with how much water they were producing. We rushed to Jade’s house. The car ride there was dead silence. The only words exchanged were before we got out of the car, in a very serious tone, were; “Ally look at me we’re about to your sister's house and I of all people know your number 1 rule, so that means anyone could be a suspect, and there might be a slight chance that Mark could be—" “I know” I replied. He warned me to be careful and to alert him if I had one of my hunches. I don’t know why but my pondering that Noah could be a suspect was over.

We see police interview nearby neighbours to see if they had heard or seen anything. Funnily enough some of them said they heard a high pitched scream a little after a blue car pulled up to the driveway.

I was speechless.

I knew it was Mark’s car.
But did the police know it was Mark? No. No they didn’t. They still had doubts and weren't allowed to arrest him yet. So they took the next suspect in line. Noah. I believe if they couldn’t arrest Mark because of lack of evidence how could they take Noah up for trial, to me that’s lack of evidence.

We had to go to court to see who the killer was and Noah. In the end, we won the court case, (I knew we would but it was all the stress of getting the evidence prepared).

It was later discovered that he had been cheating on Jade and she started to get suspicious and snoopy so… he killed her and got 30 years behind bars!
I miss you big sis!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!