Earth's Close Encounter

Earth day 3082
It was just an ordinary day. Barry left for work at GASS (Great Australian Space Station). Barry was a former mariner and was top of his class. He had straight blond hair, was a little smaller than 6 foot tall and a genius. It was near the end of the day when a signal came through that earth was under attack by aliens and they were taking over the world. The radar beeped continuously as it sensed planet-destroying missiles three million miles away. They predicted that they would hit Earth in four years’ time. At first they believed that the radar was malfunctioning and they needed a new one until NASA sent a message confirming the same. Barry reported it to his General straight away and the works began building the biggest and most powerful space ship. Then Barry went back to his work space and passed on the news to the Soviet Union, SASC (South African Space Committee). They too did not believe it until they double checked and saw the missiles came onto their radar.

Meanwhile in the GASS building site, it was loud as all the workers were working on the world’s biggest mother ship to rescue Australia. NASA was building multiple ships for America; SASC was building ships for Africa and the Soviet Union was constructing ships for Europe and Asia.

Earth day 3086
This year was the year, the year that the earth would explode and everyone would die. But GASS was almost finished and ready to launch into space in about four months. But then it occurred to them that at least thirteen people from each space organisation had to stay on Earth to launch the ships. Barry, Bob, Gary, Melisa and ten more volunteered to stay for GASS, fifteen for NASA, eleven for SASC and twelve for the Soviet Union. Six months later, all space ships were ready to be launched.
5…4…3…2…1… Blast Off! The Earth shook, like an earthquake shaking a cup full of water. As all the ships launched the missiles could be seen entering the Earth’s atmosphere. The fifty two people that launched the ships were relived for a moment but that soon faded as they saw the alien missiles drawing nearer and nearer by the second. Just before the missiles were going to hit, Barry saw a huge meteor coming to destroy Earth as well so he did nothing. Then the missiles seemed to redirect their course to the huge meteor that was just about to hit Earth and the missiles exploded the meteor and the human race was safe again. Melisa sent word to the ships that had been launched that they were safe and that the missiles were actually meant to hit the meteor the whole time. The Aliens were trying to save them, not destroy them. The aliens, however, were still on Earth, but in the end they were friendly. Humans and aliens were loyal allies….. for now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!