Underworld

Cha Ching!

“Here’s your scarf.” Nicky said to the dog, taking the money and putting it in the cash register.

“Thankyou,” thanked the greyhound, putting on the scarf and walking out the door.

Nicky was a black and white Jack Russell, with one eye. She had been working all day at her fashion shop. She leaned back onto the pink walls, and looked at her reflection on the white marble tiles. She started to fall asleep, but then there was a massive rumble. The floor began collapsing. Nicky started yelping and trying to run, but the hole got too big and she started falling down with some of the shop. She was falling into the underworld. This will be her doom. Then her little doggo life flashed before her eyes. She remembered. She used to be the world’s most wanted assassin, she recalled how to do everything she used to. She jumped down the debris gaining speed. She leaped off the first tile that fell and landed on the floor silently. She looked up and quickly dodged the falling rubble. She looked around. The underworld was made of a dark brown coloured dirt, with pools of lava.

“Yes!” A voice whispered,“I knew you would make it!”

Nicky looked down to see her annoying big brother, Morty, in a small dungeon, just visible from her position. Morty was a honey coloured dog, with a white line going down, from the middle of his ears and onto his nose.

“What did you do this time Morty?” Nicky said annoyed.

“Well, Fefe and I may or may not have come down here on purpose, and may or may not have tried to steal the moles special ruby, and Fefe may or may not be being sacrificed.” Morty said sheepishly.

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?!” Nicky screamed.

“Huh? What was that?” A mole guard said.

“Nothing,” the other one said, getting his friend to chill.

“Phew, hurry let me out!” Morty mumered.

Nicky quickly broke the bars and let Morty out.

“Thanks Sis.” Morty said with a smug grin. “Now we need to save Fefe before he gets sacrificed.”

They ran forwards, jumping over cracks of lava towards the giant golden pyramid, with a ruby in the top. It reminded them of El Dorado. They hid behind a boulder.

“Look!” Morty said “There’s Fefe!”

Fefe was tied onto some sort of gold table, with the moles doing some weird ritual. Fefe was a little Dachshund, with neatly trimmed fur, he is also Morty’s cousin.

“Ok, here’s the plan” Morty discussed, “You beat up the moles, while I free Fefe and watch you finish off the moles, then we go home and we never talk about this again. Ok?”

“Fine…” Nicky said rolling her eyes.

Nicky ran up the stairs of the pyramid knocking moles off into pools of lava, while Morty freed Fefe, and watched from a distance. When Nicky finished she was covered in mole blood.

“Wait..” Fefe said “How do we get out?”

“Hmmmm…” Morty muttered “I should have thought of that...”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!