Gemma

Gemma
“My father always told me that you should always believe in yourself no matter what happens. You must believe in others and yourself even if it might not feel right at all.” said Gemma with pride. Slowly she walked down the stairs while taking her council bag of and giving it to her principal then shaking his hand.” It was a pleasure sir” said Gemma walking over to sit down next to her year four teacher Mrs Morgan while putting her curly, blond hair up into a bun. “Gemma you were a great student getting great mark like a strait A+ studded but not really.” “Angel our other student council would you please stand up and give your speech.” Angel walked up she said in beautiful graceful voice “laddies, gentlemen, boys and girls. I never knew that this was possible looking at all of you originally I thought I was lonely but Gemma tuned things around. I really was a shy girl like most I really wanted to be a council but one day Gemma saw me and helped me out and when my name was called out I was really excited, so I really want to say .Thank you Gemma Thank you.” Before very long students, adults, teachers and parents where apposing Gemma, she was very proud of her self, contrary to she also got a special award that has never been seen before it was a certificate with a forty dollar gift card.as soon as she got handed the certificate the quickly the crowd applauded”. Thank you but did you get one for every one else? “Gemma asked “Umm. No but does every one agree?” “YES” the audience yelled. “Well I guess so.” Then the crowd clapped Clap! Clap! Clap! In the next couple of week Gemma got ready to high school. The bright sun shined bright at the crake of dawn Gemma woke up stretched and yawned then realised it was the first day of high school then suddenly also realised that it was also 6:00 “Oh no! it 6 and high school starts at 7:30 I’ve only got 1 hour and 30 minutes Gemma as fast as a cheater got out of bed as well as she brushed her teeth in about 2 minute quickly but never less was it untidy. As soon as she was done that Gemma put on her cloths combed her hair then tied it up into a bun, gathered all her books, electronics put her socks and shoes on, got her money said bye to her mom and dad “bye mom bye dad see ya later. “Bye darling.” “Bye have a nice day pumpkin.” Said her dad. She arrived to her high school at 7:29.ding! Ding! Ding! Got to go class she though. “Daksha, Angel, Mihira, Njoki, Susannh, Isabella, Sophie, Wendy and Gemma please stand up you have a special class only you can go in so go to the art room now.’’ They all walked over to the art room. Well hello girls have a seat. Let’s start on basic algebra x and y.”said Mrs Allan.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!