You Can't Hide


You can’t hide
It was a cold winter night in Alaska in the middle of mountains a jeep trying to get on top of the mountain where the man’s cottage was but every attempt failed. After a long period of time he gets there. But on his door he sees an old woman with wrinkly skin and a shiny white dress on. Banging on the door trying to get in.
“Help me!!” she screams in a very rough tone. The man could feel that sense of aberration from the old woman. He could hear her teeth crashing into each other from the cold. He started to feel dizzy; it felt like the mountains kept coming closer and closer from all four sides towards him. Suddenly the woman started chasing him, he started running as well. Slowly he realized the woman was a demon.
Somehow he managed to escape from the lady by running into the cottage. He made up his mind to catch whatever that creature was. He was brave enough to open the door and started running toward it. Suddenly it disappeared. But then screams echoed through the large mountains. He fell off the cliff!
When he woke up he was in front of his door, lying on the snowy floor paralyzed unable to do anything. Miraculously he was able to move again. The next day in the news they were talking about sightings of a ghost. They also mentioned something about a person’s death that first fell into a coma because of fear and soon after died. Then he realized that the person dead in the picture dead was his brother.
He just knew that the death of his brother had to do something about what happened last night. Suddenly he could again feel that presence of somebody. Or something. The next day he was driving on his jeep again. Unfortunately he saw it again this time he wasn’t scared that much. He was angrier about the death of his beloved brother. The only power he believed demons had was to make you feared of itself. By scaring you it takes over your body. The demon this time knew he couldn’t do anything but to retreat.
He chased after the old woman until they reached a well. It looked very old and dusty. She jumped in there he didn’t even care about the well and he jumped as well. But this was not a normal well; it was a whole entire city. But now he was scared he tried to hide but then couldn’t. But this time he was knocked out by something. He then woke in the hospital. The demons words haunt him to this day he said three words “you can’t hide”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!