The arrogant rabbit

Once upon a time there was a rabbit called Johnny. He lived peacefully on the banks of the Mississippi but had a problem, he was addicted to peanuts. He was also a stupid and arrogant rabbit.

One day he had run out of peanuts so he hopped along to the shops, which were coincidentally situated at the very beginning of the river. He soon discovered that the shop was out of peanuts and then he went into a rampage. He started kicking things, he smashing things and basically destroyed everything. But he soon calmed down because the shopkeeper told him that he would order more in.

Then he went outside and met a whale. The whale said that they would have a race, the first to the mouth of the Mississippi. The whale also made a wager, if Johnny won he would get five thousand peanuts but if the whale won the rabbit would have to give up eating peanuts.

So they set off. First Johnny took the lead for about 1 kilometer, and then the whale over took Johnny and just kept getting further away. So he gave up and caught a jet to the river mouth but the whale protested and took the case to court.

The case couldn’t be resolved in court so the rabbits and the whales had a war for one hundred and one years. The rabbits cheated and won and the war was over.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!