Captain Curumble And His Amazing Adventures

A long time ago, there lived a courageous man named Captain Curumble. He’d sailed the seas his whole life and was an amazing sailor. One day, Captain Curumble’s best friend Max came to his ship to pay him a visit to tell him news. The news was that Captain Curumble had a new adventure to embark on - sailing around the world. He could invite a friend. Captain Curumble had too many friends to choose from. Who would he take? Captain Max? Captain Sammy? Captain Jenny? Captain Lulu? Captain Jane? After a long time of pondering, Captain Curumble decided to take Captain Jenny.

Captain Curumble and Captain Jenny went to the dock and boarded the ship with suitcases in hand. “First stop, Europe!” Captain Curumble shouted as they set sail.

After many hours of sailing, a figure jumped out of the water. “It’s a great white shark!” shouted Jenny. They both watched in amazement as the shark landed back in the water with a huge splash.

After five more long tiring hours of sailing, they finally arrived at their first stop, Europe. They went sightseeing and saw the beautiful palaces of Europe.

After more days of travelling around, they finally arrived in Africa. They decided to take a tour around the wild plains of Africa. On their tour, they saw many animals. Giraffes eating leaves, lions playing around in the sun, elephants in the water and hippos! After a fun day of exploring, it was time to set sail.

After a week of travel, they landed in North America. They decided to travel to New York for the day. In New York they saw the State of Liberty, ate hotdogs and pizza and they also did a bulky shopping spree. After their fun day in New York, they headed back to their boat where they set sail to the great land down under.

After 4 weeks of sailing and sunny weather, they anchored at their final stop, Australia. They saw koalas, also known as drop bears, they rode kangaroos, ate shrimp on the barbie and went to Seaworld for the day!

Later that day, after many long months of travelling and exploring the world, it was time to head home. While setting sail on the rough seas home, they saw many animals but the most astonishing one to the crew of pirates was a big beautiful humpback whale which popped up beside their boat. “Hi, there pirates, my name is Miley! What are you rascals doing sailing these big seas?” asked the curious whale.

“We were on our way home after exploring the world!” said Captain Curumble.

“Here let me give you a lift,” Miley said, flipping the pirates onto her back and swimming to the pirates’ home. The pirate crew finally arrived back to their sweet homes. Little did Captain Curumble know, that the very next day there would be another adventure waiting for him to discover.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!