Can i please play basketball?



Once there was a tall 8 year old boy named David. Sometimes he longed to play Basketball. He used to watch them on the large plasma Television and think, ‘I wish, oh I really wish I was one of them.’ Right away he ran to his bedroom and started to draw himself trying to shoot a goal but he couldn’t. He went into a daydream and imagined himself being invited to the Australian Basketball Team. Now and again he’d have that same daydream.

At teatime he asked his mother Kerrie if he could play basketball. His mother said, ‘I’ll think about it Dave!’ Just then David’s dad came home and David’s mother Kerrie asked him if he would let him play Basketball. His cranky father didn’t answer. At that same moment his father came over and to him and said, ‘No, I’ve already told you before!’

David went upstairs for bed. Then he fell into a deep, deep sleep and had a dream, a dream just like the daydream he had earlier. But this time he dreamt that, he was a famous basketball player in the Australian Team and about to shoot a goal but then he heard this, ‘Come on David!’ He looked around and heard again, ‘David!’ Then he woke up. ‘What’s going on?’ he asked. His mum said,‘It was just a dream, time for school!’ Just then he heard the bus. ‘AAAAARRRRR, I’m late!’ he yelled.

At school people were talking about joining the school basketball team. So David and joined too. He was a great basketball player and got really good. After school, David went home and showed his mother the tricks he could do. His dad saw him and thought to himself, ‘I think I will let him join a team.’ So he did and that’s how part of his career started.

When David was 17 years old still playing Basketball he was invited to play basketball in America for a month. His parents allowed him. He played 10 games, won 6 and lost 4. He came home 1 month later. The next year at the age of 18, David flew to Townsville. He won most of his games and lost just a few.

David is now 18 and has been to a lot of places to play basketball. He’s been to Adelaide, Townville and heaps of other places including here on the Gold Coast. David’s brother and sister, Simon and Jessica are playing Basketball too. Jessica is in reps and Simon is also.

David is a great player he trains at Tallebudgera Leisure Centre and sometimes PBC High. David trains 2 days a week a week plus goes to John Paul Collage. David, not that long ago in May, had a home game and won it.

David is an outstanding Basketball player and who would really know, you might see him one day. You might watch him play, who would really know, and if you see him say, ‘Hello David!’

By Teagan Frohmuller

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!