Jaguar Wood: The Black Fox Clan

It was beautiful, thought Jade Tooth as he looked out over Jaguar Wood from the balcony of the palace. ‘Sir, your father has requested your presence in the meeting chamber.’ Great another meeting thought Jade Tooth. ‘Tell him I’ll be there in a second, after I’ve changed into my robes.’

King Jagged was a just and peaceful ruler despite his name, he ruled Jaguar Wood with a firm but fair hand.

As Jade Tooth descended into the meeting chambe a strange sight met his eyes. His father’s clerk, Black Fang was shouting at his father. ‘Let me be king!’ howled Black Fang in fury, ‘No!’ Roared King Jagged, ‘I rule this kingdom’ ‘But I would rule it better, you buffoon!’ ‘Black Fang, I hereby banish you from this castle and all it’s grounds.’ ‘Fine I’ll go!’ Yelled Black Fang indignantly as he stormed from the room.

2 days later on the outskirts of Jaguar Wood Black Fang was trying to gather followers. ‘ he rules this land with the wrong hand, we must rise up against him!’ Howled Black Fang at the sizeable crowd that had gathered. ‘Join the Black Fox Clan and get a fair ruler. I swear that I will raise you to power!’ The crowd roared in agreement. ‘Tomorrow, we march on the palace!’ Black Fang Roared.

Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong! The alarm bells rang as the oncoming tide of Black Fang’s supporters swept towards the castle. ‘Close the gate!’ Roared Jade Tooth as he and the rest of the archers took their places on the balcony and the North and East towers. ‘Fire!’ 200 flaming red arrows fell upon the black tide. ‘That’s 150 out of 500 soldiers down in 2 minutes.’ But the tide kept coming...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!