Candyland

It all started years ago on a jolly Christmas Eve in the Gummy hills, a young boy called Reese was born. His mother and father were especially jolly, you could say even one of the most jolly people of the land! Well except for Jolly himself, the best friend of Princess Lolly. The Ice Palace, the most grand palace you could ever see was the home to the royal Candyland family. Reese was just your average peanut butter cup, but one day his life changed forever. In the town of Candyland, the mayor (Mr Mint) and Queen Frostine have put in place a set of rules for the land; rule seven being that “No candy or chocolate, is allowed to eat the ice-cream from the Ice cream slopes. If any citizen or tourist of Candyland goes into the ice-cream slopes and eats the ice-cream slopes or they will immediately be sent to the dungeon, where they are required to complete three life threatening challenges and if you prove your worthy, you will be set free.” All young people of the land are taught these rules in school and they clearly know no to go there. But in the past some candy have been tempted, after all it is the land of temptation. They were sent straight to the dungeon and no one has ever come out alive.

He set off through the Lollipop woods, and after a few hours he arrived. The strangest sensation wiped over him, he could hear the ice-creams softly whispering into his ear, “Come over here, eat me, I taste so sweeeeet!” Unfortunately Reece couldn’t resist the temptation, so he knelt down on one knee and took a huge lick, “YUMMM it’s so good I need more.” Much to Reece’s surprise, Lord Liquorice told the truth and a pet candy corn named Plumpy popped out from behind an ice-cream.

What Reece didn’t realize is that the royal guards from the nearby gingerbread house were on the lookout and caught him in the act! Reece started to run, but they quickly caught up to him and arrested him, he was immediately thrown into the dungeon and his pet candy corn was taken from him until he was released… if he was released. The rock Granite was underneath the ground, it was pitch black, the sharp crystals poked into his skin, Reece cried out for help, but no one came. His first challenge was; to escape the Lava Lake, he skipped and hopped over the hot pieces of lava and somehow managed to escape without melting his outer shell. Next, Reece had to face his biggest fear, BROCCOLI!!!!!!! Reece was terrified, but he remembered what his mother had once said to him, vegetables may look funny and taste funny, but they will give you green highlights in your hair if you eat them. Reece thought this was pretty cool and gobbled down the disgusting broccoli and sure enough green stripes started to appear throughout his hair. The last challenge was the hardest, he knew it would be, but he said to himself I made this far what could be worse. All Reece had to do now was walk through the crystal cave, but this seemed too easy, he wondered if there was a secret trap, but nothing. Reece walked and walked, until he saw this one amazing crystal, it was huge. Reece was astonished and he wanted to take it home, but at that very moment a thought popped into his head, what if this is my challenge, to see if I will steal a precious diamond? This did make sense, so he resisted the temptation and was surprisingly set free!

His mother and father hugged him tight and didn’t let go, Plumpy jumped into his arms and Queen Frostine, King Kandy and Princess Lolly all congratulated him as the first survivor of the Granite dungeon. Reece was in shocked. Ever since that night Princess Lolly and Reece had been inseparable, the best of friends. A few years went by, what do you know, Reece and Princess Lolly fell in love, soon after they had twins, a girl Cookie and a boy Cream. And they lived happily ever after…

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!