Jai The Adventure Cat

I ran across the open field, my fluffy tail streaming out behind me, my grey paws hitting the ground hard. “Come back here, you annoying fluffy kitty!” A voice behind me huffed with anger. “Fluffy kitty has a name you know, my names Jai!!” I meowed back “I don’t care! I could bull-doze you with these horns!” I finally reached the paddock fence. With one swift bound, I was soon standing cheekily on it’s wooden posts. My tail quivered with excitement as I watched the bull in the middle of the field. He pawed at the ground with agitation, he lowered his head. “Get ready to be bull-dozed!” the bull cleared the field quickly. “I’ll knock you right off that fence!” he muttered. My azure blue eyes flashed with fear.
I froze.

The infuriated bulls’ horns hit the fence.

I flew backwards off the fence. My head hitting the ground hard. Dirt splattering all over my white fur. My eyes clouded; I could barely make out a shape that hovered over me. Slobber hit my face; my eyes jerked fully open. “I meet you again, Jai.” A growl rumbled in their throat. “Uh, Paw-don me, just passing by...” I gasped, as a big paw pressed down on my throat. “You’re barking up the wrong tree. You don’t pass by on Fangs territory.” He beared his teeth, pressing down harder on my throat. I let out a squeak.
The weight suddenly lifted, was I dead? was I in cat heaven? “Run!” A voice shrieked. Everything was blurred, But I had no choice. I ran, my breath was shallow, my paws felt sore, but I kept going towards the next fence. I scrambled up the fence, falling down the other side. My sides heaved, my paws bled, my eyes blurred.
Everything went black.

I jolted awake, “Those slobbering disgusting dogs! They are so in-fur-ior compared to our royal cat blood” Hissed the blurred figure. “They are so Ap-paw-ling. Thinking they can suffocate a cat!” My vision cleared slowly. Who was that!?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!