Painting Paris

There once was a girl who was abandoned at the top of her house in a tiny, dark, rickety attic. Each night when Elsie was certain her mother was asleep she would sneak down the stairs to collect her painting supplies. Before bed she would start a new painting inspired by all the wonderful cities she had visited in her earlier life. Elsie would paint New York, Venice, Rome and her latest piece of art was Paris. As she would paint Elsie dreamed to go back to the admirable cities.

One night Elsie had a dream that she dived into her painting of Paris and was free to do whatever she desired. Elsie dreamt that Claude Monet was teaching her his techniques for his paintings of landscapes. Claude Monet demonstrated how to blend colours together to make a remarkable effect. He took Elsie to visit Musée d’Orsay to show her all his paintings and he told her his secret to each one. Claude Monet taught her how to sketch his painting Water Lilies and Japanese Bridge. After Elsie almost perfected the sketching part of the painting Claude Monet gave her some oil paint so she could do her own unique design on the painting. At the end of Elsie’s painting experience Claude Monet assisted Elsie while she was painting her rickety attic to travel back home.

When Elsie woke up she felt inspired, amazed, and heartbroken all at the same time. Elsie wished she could go back and experience the whole thing again. Suddenly Elsie had an incredible idea…. She could try to go through her painting of Paris just like she did in the dream. Elsie raced to the painting as fast as lightning and dived through….
Has it worked? Am I in Paris? Elsie thought.

As slow as a sloth Elsie opened her eyes hoping to be in Paris. IT’S WORKED! Elsie thought. Elsie rushed to Musée d’Orsay hoping she could find Claude Monet. Fortunately Claude Monet was outside the museum but Elsie was sad to see he was sobbing. Elsie asked what was wrong as well as mentioning what happened in her dream. Claude Monet answered that someone stole his painting Water Lilies and Japanese Bridge. Elsie offered to help him by advising him to get the security to look for fingerprints. She also asked whether he knew when it occurred. When he replied Elsie was shocked, it was only ten minutes ago!

Claude Monet showed Elsie the way to the security guards and she demanded that they look for fingerprints. The security guard looked mortified and didn’t answer. Fortunately they got help from another guard. Once they were at the crime scene security started searching for fingerprints. The police arrested the mortified looking security guard which surprised everyone. Claude Monet thanked Elsie and helped her get back home. After that experience Elsie traveled through marvellous cities, having amazing adventures, meeting incredible people and her life in the attic was not so miserable after all.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!