A Firestorm

A fire storm raging, 8am sky black, fifteen past smoke, half way, ember attack. The doors to the shelter, sealed closed tight, people huddle in, a strange foreign night.

Sirens and lights flashing, oxy passed around, all set to defend, our home, our ground. Loss is inevitable, over a dozen in despair, cries over the siren, slicing through the air.

Time has passed, an hour? Two? Nobody knows, still can’t see blue. December three one, dooms day repeated, thick dense smoke, the flames, defeated.

Body’s blackened, eyes turned red, timber turned ash, a family with no bed. The front has passed, devastation unknown, strangers hugging, community connection grown.

The fire has struck, tipped a town off its feet, scorched land, nothing to see, home evacuated, iron fleet.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!