Zhang Wei And The Seven Continents

Millions of years ago, the earth was all joined together, this meant that explores could just hike to different parts of the earth. On a sunny day, with a small breeze, a wealthy archaeologist from the East named Zhang Wei was on his way to an ancient village in the Middle East when he heard a familiar voice, more so a grunt. It was familiar but not instantly recognisable.

Being a wise man, Zhang Wei decided to hunt down the sound. The wealthy archaeologist hiked through mud, through dirt and through tall, wet grass until he finally reached the source of the grunting sound. It was his old mate, Edith! Edith was a Middle Eastern explorer that was always looking for gold and today was no different. With a shovel and spade, Edith had discovered a large piece of gold that was stuck in the earth’s surface. Zhang Wei started digging to help his mate when suddenly the ground started shaking…

The gold was coming out by itself! What was happening? The earth was cracking and splitting apart, water was dividing the earth and Zhang Wei and Edith were split apart by a big crack. Edith tried to hang onto the humongous piece of glittering gold but it was too slippery and had forced Edith to let go and fall into the huge crack that split the two explorers. “Edith, no!!” Zhang Wei cried. On the spur of the moment the earth had split into 7 continents and had only one last man standing, Zhang Wei.

That is how the earth was split into 7 continents!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!