Earthquke

The fire-red sky blurred into my vision and the pain overwhelmed my body. Screaming and crying saturated my ears and the hard gravel printed into my skin. Buildings that I once looked up to, had been thrown down during a magnitude 9 earthquake. I tried to get up, but my body screamed to stay down until the pain subsided. Like tsunamis rippling through my skin, the pain radiated through my body. I opened my eyes. Dad once said they were filled with mystery and sparkles. Now they were empty. Something inside me pushed me forward and I began to search for my beloved father. House after house seemed unrecognizable from the earthquake, until I spotted our's. It had our signature yellow letterbox that could survive anything. I crawled forward. What seemed like a Millenium it took me to reach the house. It was crushed and I let out a bitter sob. Then, I heard it. THUMP. THUMP. THUMP. I listened carefully again, though it was hard to with the screaming and crying. Again, THUMP. THUMP. THUMP. I crawled under the broken wood and squirmed through the holes in the walls. Then I saw him, my dad, banging wood against the floor. All the pain disappeared and the screaming drowned out as I embraced him. "We are going to be okay, chickpea," My dads honey-sweet voice mended the broken cracks in my heart. My blue eyes filled with sparkles and mystery again. I believed him, we were going to be okay.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!