Captain Beardless - Part 1

Ben is a normal boy who lives in an orphanage his parents died years ago, by a man named ‘Captain BeardLess.’ Ben doesn’t remember much about this pirate or his parents because they died when he was only a little baby. Ben Bateman was a young boy who was about 11 years old, he had golden blonde hair, his eyes were sparkly blue and he wore old scruffy rags like a disgusting urchin. The lady who ran the dirty Orphanage was an old disgusting lady named ‘Julie’ but the kids called her ‘Urchin Lady’ because it looked like she came out of the ocean. “Tonight we are having Maggot Casserole!” said Julie in a cackling voice. The kids just all moaned because it was disgusting and it was like poison. She said “If you don’t eat it Captain BeardLess will come.”
“No he won’t,” replied Ben in anger. He said that because that’s who killed his parents.
“That’s like the Austin Spurs coming to see us, it’s just not going to happen,” replied Ben’s best friend. So all the kids regretted eating the disgusting and dreadful food.

The kids all went to bed and were all super hungry and found it hard to get to sleep because of this. BANG! BANG! What was that sound I was hearing. It sounded like gunshots so me and all the other orphans went to see what all the racket was. “OMG” I said in horror “who shot her.”
“It was me,” said a pirate looking guy. “The name is Captain BeardLess.”
I gulped in horror. “Why did ye gulp,” said Captain BeardLess.
“Because you killed my parents,” I replied.
“Are ye natterin' about Sarah 'n Sam.”
“Yes I am!” I said in anger.
“That was th' ole me,”
“Why did you shoot her then?”
“So ye can 'ave a better orphan life.”
“You do realize that the cops are coming?” I asked him.
“No,” he replied.
“Well you better hide.”
When the police came to the house they saw that Julie died but she was going to die one day or the other. They asked us “Who shot her.”
We replied “ don’t ask me if we know you as much as you do.” So they tested and they didn’t find any DNA of any sort. When the police left the street we told Captain BeardLess that it is safe to come out of the Basement.


He came out and said “ who wants KFC,” and we all shouted “YES!” So my mates and I went to KFC and we had a lot of Chicken and Chips we nearly threw up. Then we went back to the Orphanage and it was destroyed. It was like someone threw a bomb in there. So we all cleaned it up and we played UNO, Monopoly and Scrabble. My mates and I chatted and said “this guy is the best but what if he's trying to trick us,”
“ don’t be silly just play with him,” my mates replied. While my mates were sleeping I went to talk to Captain BeardLess “I know what you're trying to do mate.” “But do your friends know,” “who do you think they will believe me or you?”


To Be Continued…..

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!