Cake Disaster

Wake Up!” Cried Anabelle. Anabelle and Mark were planning to make a cake for their mother’s birthday. Mark tumbled out of bed his hair looking like a bird’s nest. “Did you get the ingredients?” Questioned Mark anxiously. “Yes of course I did!” retorted Anabelle.
“Ok I’ll be in the kitchen soon” said Mark.
“Ok, Ok Just hurry up!” Grumbled Anabelle.

So, Mark and Anabelle walked to the kitchen. “Where is the eggs!” Mark Screeched as he looked through the bag of ingredients. Anabelle suddenly started to sweat anxiously…
“I-I must’ve put them in the cupboard” Mumbled Anabelle.
“Well then Grab them!” retorted Mark. Anabelle quickly rushed over to the cupboards.
“Have you found them yet!?!? Questioned Mark anxiously.
“U-uhm I may have forgotten to buy them?” Replied Anabelle meekly. Mark looked shocked.
“You forgot them!?!?” Questioned Mark anxiously. ”Y-yes...” Said Anabelle frightened. Mark sighed.
“I guess we should just leave them out then” grumbled Mark. Anabelle nodded.

“Alright now put the flour into the bowl” Said Mark.
Anabelle started pouring out the flour into the bowl. Mark passed her the sugar quickly. She poured that in the bowl too…
“I’m mixing it!” said Mark quickly.
“Ok” grumbled Anabelle.
Mark mixed while Anabelle was pouring all the wet ingredients into the bowl.
“Here let me taste it” said Anabelle. She dipped her small fingertip into the powdery mixture. She put her small, powdery, white fingertip in her mouth. Her face suddenly scrunched up as she violently started spitting on the floor.
“What is it!?!?” said Mark concerningly.
“W-well you see…” Said Anabelle agitated.
“What!” said Mark Stressed.
“I must’ve bought salt instead of sugar!” cried Anabelle.
“This is turning into a disaster! First the eggs and now this!” shrieked Mark.

“Alright I guess we’ll just make the rest and see what happens” sighed Mark.
“Alright I’ll put in the baking soda” Anabelle said meekly. She was pouring it when- “ACHOO”… Anabelle had sneezed very loudly…
She started staring at the bowl… Mark from the other side started wondering why she had been staring at the bowl…
“Hey Anabelle, why are you staring at the bowl?” wondered Mark.
“I a-accidently dumped the whole box of baking soda in, sorry…” said Anabelle apologetically. Once more, Mark sighed and said
“It doesn’t matter now our cake is already ruined just put it in the oven “mumbled Mark. So, Anabelle carefully placed the cake in the oven…

“Mark quick grab it!” exclaimed Anabelle.
“Alright!” retorted Mark. So, Mark quickly ran to the oven… The cake had exploded because of the baking soda. It looked like a volcano…
“Mark, I’m sure it tastes good let’s bring it up to mum”. Said Anabelle excitedly. So, they brought it up to their mum.
“Mum we made a cake for you!” exclaimed Anabelle.
“Thanks, Dear” replied their mum. She tore a piece of the cake and put it in her mouth. Her face scrunched up and immediately spat it out. And I think you know why.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!