Jai The Surfing Cat

“Large crowds gather at Bondi Beach! The home to the famous CAT surfer! Jai, he is the final contestants in Bondi Beach’s’ Pet Surf Comp, hi I’m John Brown and welcome to Bondi Beach.” The siren sounded and the contestants ran to the water “off they go!” straight off the bat, Jai the ragdoll cat is having a paddle off against Frankie the bulldog for a wave, Frankie is gaining on Jai”, then a white pelt disappeared under the wave. shocked whispers went through the crowd, then Jai’s pelt reappeared on top of an even bigger wave, smashing all the other contestants under it, Jai did an epic performance and won Bondi Beach’s’ Pet Surf Comp.

“Jai! There you are, let’s go, we have a spy mission in the biggest sewage system in the world, Mami’s sewer, some thieves stole The Golden Rubber Ducky worth $10,000,000” Jai stalked up the beach proudly with his medal dangling from his neck and meowed “Fine, I’ll congratulate you when we get to Miami, hop in!” Jai hopped in the red jeep, he put his sunglasses on and wound down the windows, “to Miami!” I called from the driver’s seat.

“We’re going into that pipe; you open the sewer lid and I stuff our big unicorn floaty in” Jai rolled his eyes and opened the lid of the sewer. He started to search through the backpack, eventually pulling out a piece of butter. I gasp “good job” I start to rub it on, the floaty slipped in. I hopped on the floaty and jai jumps in after “let’s go!”
Heading down the sewer I start to hear the thieves’ voices getting louder. “Mew!” “good idea! We’ll ram them and the golden rubber ducky will fall into the water, perfect!” “how are we going to pick up speed?” Jai searched through the backpack, he pulled out chips “meow mew” “feed the fish to make them push us… really?” I paused “eh its worth a try” Jai dropped the chips in the water and…. BANG! Fish rammed into us, making Jai jump. The thieves got closer as we pick up speed “It’s working!’ “I can’t wait to get this money!” exclaimed the thief “shut up Phil” replied the other thief “No! I don’t want to” suddenly a rushing sound of water came from behind them, they turned around to see a huge unicorn shaped blur coming straight towards them.

SMACK!

The thieves tiny boat capsized. The golden rubber ducky bobbed up and down on the surface of the water. Jai scooped up the ducky and zoomed away leaving the two thieves hanging on the side of their capsized boat.

At Bondi Beach Reward Ceremony, huge crowds gather around the stage to welcome John Brown for a speech to be made about this year’s hero, John walked up to the microphone, “this year’s hero, is Jai the cat surfer, for saving the golden rubber ducky and to reward you, here is a golden rubber ducky surfboard.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!