Camping Outdoors

Once me and my best friends and my sister went camping in the forest and we had loads of fun together we went: canoeing, swimming in the river and roasting marshmallows. We went hiking and then one of my friends got injured by, falling off the cliff but luckily we got to hold on to her and she didn’t fall! So we continued the hike and watched out for my friends but we struggled a little bit and we were afraid that we would fall off. I was confused about my friends were talking about and I asked them,”may I hear what you were saying? But they didn’t budge, they were acting really weird to me and I got even more uncomfortable about it that I was going through the forest more faster than them. We set up our tents on the spot we chose and we relaxed in our tent and we talked to each other for an minute but we stopped for awhile and stayed silent for an hour, and then we started talking again but we got tired and bored, so we went to sleep.

After a whole day we managed to wake up just in time to see the new person who came to visit. Her name was Rachel, and she was really nice to us with experiences in the river, she was really talented because she did a backflip in the water, but we didn’t try cause we were scared we would hurt ourselves.My sister said it could be dangerous for her to do that, so she did.

We ran down to our tents to change our clothes, I asked if I could wear my black pyjamas, she said I can and I did what she said to do. My friend named Jenny, she suddenly realised that she forgot her bug spray at our campsite, but her sister said that she had her own and it was in her bag she was carrying. I sprayed the bug spray, and sooner I finally finished spraying it and my friend did me and we traveled back home, my sister said it will take two hours to get home by walking. But I thought we would get home in, six minutes and I was really upset about it because I was saying that we’d go home early but we aren’t. I was about to rush, when Jenny patted me on the shoulder and said that it was going to be ok. And I calmed down a bit, my sister followed me down the bush and all my friends included themselves into the group, and we soon were home. So I had homemade noodles from my mum.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!