Jeff The Homework Hater


Once upon a time, there was a cheeky boy called Jeff. Jeff hated doing his homework. In fact, he wanted homework to be
ABOLISHED FOREVER! It was his dream for teachers to forget about homework, and it never came true!
Each day, Jeff would get mountains of boring homework. “Today, you’ll need to write an 100 word essay for homework,” would say his unimaginative teachers, or “Pages 123 to 143 for homework today.” It was a nightmare, until...

On a slow, rainy Monday morning, Jeff started out of the window. “Huff…” sighed Jeff, “What a rainy day.” Suddenly, a brilliant idea sprang into Jeff's mind. It wasn’t brilliant, it was fantastic! And WONDERFUL! He would make a brain-munching pineapple shark that would chomp the brains out of teachers. Then, they would forget about teaching and giving out homework! This was perfect! Now there was no need of worry for distraught students who DID NOT complete their homework! No need for teachers to even bother coming to school! Jeff spent all night working on the pineapple shark, tweaking here, and gluing here. Finally, he admired his work. “Beautiful! Amazing! Glorious!” cried Jeff.


The next day, Jeff slowly placed the pineapple shark on his teacher’s desk. His teacher, a lover of sharks, thought it was cute. “Look at the adorable shark! It even has a pineapple on its head!” She bent down to stroke it, when . . . “ZAPP!!” The pineapple shark attached itself to the teachers’ head! “AAARGHH!! WHAT IS IT DOING TO ME!!?” Then her head became weary.

In class, his plan was working! “Today’s lesson: Bunnies, chocolate, rollercoaster,” and the teacher fell asleep. Jeff couldn’t be more happy! His dream of not having homework ACTUALLY came true. All of the other students were so happy they didn't have any homework or projects to do! They relaxed all day, playing soccer and doing origami, while their teacher was sleeping away.



Till one unfortunate day, a professor discovered homework can help you be smarter. “NOOO!!”






FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!