Questions

“Ahhhh!” That was the sound that all of my friends and I made. I’m sure you’re wondering what is happening, well, let me go back a bit. It all started when school was over, me and my friends Grace, Isla, Tilly, Zoe and me Ella came back to my house for a sleep over. It was getting dark so me and my friends decided that we should play Spotlight. Zoe was it. I live next to the bush so we decided that we should hide somewhere in there. Once Zoe had found us we were walking back to my house and we saw something that we were never going to forget! In front of us laying on the ground was a dead body and this was the part when we screamed. “Ahhh!” We all ran back inside as fast as we could it was hard to sleep that night but we decided that we should check it out in the morning. The next day it was the weekend and my friends and I woke up really early to go check it out but the body was still there! It was a woman in her 20s it looked, we stood there blankly, all I know is we all had a lot of questions. We told my mum and she had a very worried look on her face she said that she would check it out today. She took a bag with her we asked her why but she didn’t respond we were all asleep when my mum came home. That morning when we woke up we all heard my mum whispering to my dad she was saying something like we have to go but my dad was completely unaware of what was happening and so were we. My mum seemed very desperate maybe she was worried there was a murderer on the lose or something much worse. However, my dad refused and decided to stay, at this point we were all worried. Once mum left the room I asked my dad what was happening, tears filled his eyes, he said that it doesn't concern us but he knew that it wasn’t going to be a secret for long. That day my friends went home and my mission had begun I was going to get to the bottom of this if it’s the last thing I ever do. I looked in my mum’s bedroom, through the door I saw her packing everything then I came in, my mum was really desperate to get out. She told me to come with her, I refused. Then she told me… Could my mother really be the one who killed her?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!