Madam Mystique’s Enhanced Abilities School For The Gifted

Kiya stumbled backwards, overwhelmed by the screams of an overexcited crowd. Sweat dripped off her forehead and her fiery red hair was plastered to her face. That last blow to her head had caused bright spots to dance in her vision. The girl’s legs shook violently while her opponent paced towards her. The commentators voice boomed through the speakers, unintelligible in Kiya’s ears.
Pain sparked throughout her battered figure. Covered in crimson blood, Kiya collapsed onto her knees. Everything hurt. She could hear heavy footsteps trudging towards her. She knew she had to stand up. She knew she had to fight. It was either that or die. Right now, the latter was sounding like the obvious option. She was too weak to stand.
Kiya heard the whoosh a blade slicing through the air towards her. She rolled out of the way, the blade tip nicking her shoulder. She pressed her hand against the wound, sticky, warm liquid spilling out of it.
She did not have the strength to keep going. As loud as she could, Kiya screamed something that would end this whole thing.
“I YEILD!”
With that, her body gave up and she found herself slipping out of consciousness.
Kiya woke up in a hospital bed. Machines were beeping all around her. She was covered in bandages and tubes were hooked up to her, pumping liquids into her body. She tried to rise into a sitting position but found a thick leather strap around her waist attaching her to the bed. This caused Kiya to panic. Impulsively she started to thrash around in hopes of breaking free. This concluded in a person dressed head to toe in white to come in and stick a thin needle into her upper arm. Kiya’s vision doubled and just as quickly as before she slipped back into a dreamless sleep.
The rumbling of wheels causes Kiya to jolt up, no longer confined by straps. Blinking furiously, she soon noticed she was now in the back seat of a car. The interior of the car was all black, everything from the glossy seats to the tinted windows.
Kiya brought her attention to herself. She was no longer covered in blood and the cuts she had acquired during her match were healed. After checking to see if she was okay Kiya then focused on what she was wearing. Black jeans and a white t-shirt covered her body. On her feet were a pair of combat boots. Her red hair fell in waves around her shoulders, looking like it had been newly washed.
“Awake, are you?” A voice said, startling Kiya.
It was the man driving the car. Kiya nodded. Then her eyes widened as she noticed the giant brick building in front of her. The great goldens gates that stood tall around the castle like structure swung open, allowing the car to drive through.
“Well then, welcome to Madam Mystique’s Enhanced Abilities School for the Gifted.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!