Daisy's Gloomy Day

There bounds Daisy ,sprinting through the house, leaping over tall grass, the damp edges glistening like a diamond in the sun, just in time for her afternoon bone.

As Daisy looked around she saw nothing but the flashing blue lights of the ambulance. She felt empty. She let out a yelp, but no one came.

Soon the truck arrived. Two men, wearing green uniform stepped out. Slowly they stepped towards her, holding a large silver ring on a thin pole. Frighted Daisy stepped away, but shortly winded up in the vehicle.

Inside, there were lots of other dogs. All yelping as loud as the roaring waves of the ocean. Daisy didn’t want to yelp anymore, she collapsed on the cold ground, her heart torn apart.

Three days passed. Silence. Daisy only ever got up to eat or drink. She felt as if she had just been hit by a tsunami.

One warm morning she noticed another dog. The young dog was white and brown, her floppy ears hanging down the sides of her face. “Hello,” Mumbled the little dog.

One summers day, Daisy had been talking to Bonnie. When, in strolled a small girl. She was triple the size of Daisy. She skipped along the cages, smiling at most dogs, laughing at some, frowning at others. When she got to Daisy’s cage, she stopped and stared. Lily sat down. She delicately stroked Daisy.

Soon Daisy was lifted up out of the cage and into the girl’s soft warm hands. “Bonnie!” Daisy yelped. “Mum! What’s wrong with the doggie?” asked Lily confused. Slowly, Daisy was placed back in her cage. After a long, fussy disagreement between Lily and her mother, they left. Afraid and alone Daisy yelped, but no one came.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!