I Didn’t Do It

I wish, no one knew about my secret but I guess I should tell the truth and not let this rumour go out of control. Elizabeth and I were hanging out one night like we always do, just mucking around being retards but for once we did have a care in the world. We went out of the house later at night to stargaze on the roof. We grabbed the liquid from Mum and Dad’s cabinet and took it to the roof, slowly drinking it while playing what star is what.
Then all of a sudden, Elizabeth got up and started walking around the roof and I got up with her. I tried running and I just ran around the roof. Elizabeth followed behind me.
“BANG” I looked back and Elizabeth disappeared.
I slowly walked to the end of the roof and looked down at the ground and there she was laying there, on the ground paralysed and broken. I screamed as hard as I could and everybody rushed out of the house and saw what happened. I burst into tears. Dad rang the police and ambulance while Mum came up and helped me down from the roof. In 5mins the police and ambulance were here turning Elizabeth’s body into a crime scene. Then that one call had to be made to her parents and you could hear the sadness in her voice when she told them their daughter was dead. I was the first to blame. I got yelled at and was made to answer questions and all I could think about was how my beautiful friend was in a body bag because of me wanting to go stargazing on the roof.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!