Easter Surprise

“Rose! Time to go to bed! Remember the Easter Bunny won’t come if you’re not fast asleep!” Mum says. Then she gives me a kiss and closes the door. After she closes the door, I check if my alarm clock is set at midnight. Then I wriggle down in my bed and close my eyes.\

DING DING DING!

I open my eyes and put my slippers on, I tip toe out of bed, and open my wardrobe, put my dressing gown on, and go to the living room. I imagine the warm, crunchy, creamy, soft … candy cane!?I come into the living room and see candy canes, a Christmas tree and presents!? Then I see a big fat tummy, and I know it’s Santa, not the easter bunny. I tip toe back into my room and check the date…
“ Yes, it is Easter alright”, I say in my head. Santa Claus is really here on Easter Sunday. Then I get in bed and thoughts rush through my head like “will my parents get confused with Santa here not the Easter bunny? They might think it’s Christmas!” or “Do they know it is Christmas and I’m the person who is confused?” Then I think about my sisters who are dreaming about chocolate but are actually going to get candy canes. So, I get up and say “I am going to wake my sisters up so they are not disappointed about Easter. So, I tip toe into my sisters room and wake them up. After that I take them into the living room and show them what Santa and the easter bunny has done.

Then when we were just about to go to bed we all saw a little, chocolate easter egg. We ran up to it and shook it around to see if anything was inside, but we could not hear a thing. So we cracked the egg open and started eating. After we had eaten the whole egg we saw a little chick. She was so cute and extremely fluffy we decided to put her in a little home inside our house and keep her as pet. After that I saw all the presents Santa had put out disappearing, and then Santa took the Christmas tree and stuffed it up the chimney. Then I sit up was I dreaming that whole time then I went into my sisters room and they were fast asleep in their beds. Finally, I went into the living room and I saw lots of easter eggs and no pet so I said it was all a bad dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!