Unexpected Loss

The sky was a murky grey and a chilling breeze erupted in the dark callous clouds. The sun started to set, taking the warmth along with it. The bus engine roared, awakening the sleepy children inside from their tedious trip. The window violently shook from side to side like a paddle ball knowing itself unconscious. The wind crackled and whipped against the rusty bus and finally a CLANG! The window shattered into hundreds of tiny pieces and the bus took a sudden turn. John went flying from his seat and out the window, air was leaving his lungs.
He tumbled and fell 12 feet down trees cutting his skin, razor sharp. Cuts and bruises were covering his face. There he was finally meeting his way to the ground, gravity sucking him. A big crash landed, his thoughts that he may fracture some bones but luckily, he landed in a stack of hay.
A few moments later he glanced in a unclear vision and soon came back to normal. Slowly he stared at his hands and legs, everything was normal, everything vanished. No pain, it was gone. He was shocked and surprised.
How did that happen?” Said John
He was lost and had no path, swaying bushes in front of him grabbed his attention.
Leaping and dancing, finding love into his destiny. Nature didn’t let him go, a swan of parrots were accompanying him dashing to the North west. Cheeks rose up in anticipation waiting for the moment. The rough, rocky road transformed into a narrow steep path way, he felt the momentum, racing his heart to strive and dig deep within him which there was hope. His breath was burning into flames, legs were aching to death but every step counts.
“Remember it takes a lot of courage to push through hard times. Never give up, good things are coming your way.” Said his maths teacher who always believed in him.
“I’m nearly there!” he exclaimed.
Blood and sweat, which all would have saved him to find his crew. Moments later his paste began to drop instantly, fascinated about the route heading his way, a fork. His mind was blank, but by observation. The right lane was in the direction into the deep, fiercely guarded carnivores whose bellies are never full. The left lane displayed sunlight and trees were screaming to be picked.
His decision was made, he headed towards the warm friendly nature welcoming him in harmony, he continued my journey alone but in peace. Seven minutes vanished in a flash without his knowledge and his legs were just beating around the bush. His anxiety got the best of him, adrenaline rushing down into body wiping away his concentration.
“Where am I?” Said the lost boy. Tears flooded his eyes; fear had clutched his lungs.
A hand was placed on his shoulder. He turned around to see his best man.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!