Earth’s New Visitor: Ogg

“Ahhhh!” screamed Ogg. You would, too. If your spaceship’s fuel tank had been broken by a passing meteorite, and you were travelling at a few million miles per hour - about to crash land into Mars.
BANG!!!
Ogg’s spaceship crash-landed into Mars.
It was surprisingly soft because of all the sand. Ogg came out coughing and spluttering outside. “Are you ok, Ugg?” questioned Ogg to his robot A-dog, “Yes, master,” replied Ugg.
Ogg has ocean blue skin, six awkward-looking arms that are placed on an oddly shaped body, and a grape-shaped head and legs that were pint-sized. Ogg wanted to come to Earth - the planet of life - but found himself landed on Mars. Ogg is from a race of species called Ees Siveles. They inhabited TrES-2b, the darkest planet ever discovered. Ogg wanted to explore the universe, so he built a spaceship with parts he found. It took a few years, but Ogg finally made it.
Now, back to the present. Ogg walked over to his spaceship’s fuel tank and Ugg was at his heel. The engine did not look good. The future looked bleak. Ogg investigated the horizon, all he saw was a vast land of nothingness accompanied with dirt and sand.
Ogg got a start at creating a new fuel and tank but all he had was a broken fuel tank, a turbine, dirt, duct tape and more dirt. He would need a few days to think up an idea. Then, Ogg had a brainwave. The most brilliant brainwave in the whole universe. If Ogg could get something moving so fast that will grind together duct tape and dirt together it would make a paste which will act as a substitute for fuel, and it should work but the only problem was that: how was Ogg going to make a turbine move at least as fast as sound? Then Ugg, who was listening to Ogg’s ideas had a suggestion. “There needs to be a pedal connected to the turbine that will spin!” suggested Ugg. “Who will pedal it?" asked Ogg. “Me,” said the A-dog.
So, the robot and the alien worked together day and night to create a marvellous invention. Finally, after a few Mars days, they had created the Ducko – Dirt 3000 - their new fuel. Ogg fixed the fuel tank and filled it with the Ducko – Dirt 3000. “Are you ready, buddy? “Ogg asked his best friend “As ready as I ever could be!” said the robotic dog.
Together, the two friends blasted off to Earth, leaving the red, dusty, and uninhabited planet all alone. Ogg and Ugg entered Earth’s atmosphere. They crash-landed into Sydney. The two friends got out of their spaceship and started to introduce themselves to everyone. The prime minister came to see what all the commotion was. Ogg and Ugg said they came from a distant, lonely planet called TrES-2b.
Ogg and Ugg were never lonely ever again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!