You And Me

The storm of voices in my head created a tsunami, rattling every thought and decision out of order. I was a solider but my demons built an army. Cornered in the tightes of corners, the darness lurked and approached at the dead of night. I feared but knew it was coming, every night not much variation. Untill I knew you and the pain you had bottled up inside, I was a lost cause. But you came into my life, with the compassion and understanding I needed to feel. Holding onto my hand, you lead me, showed me the way to the light. You never looked back out of fear like I did, you had intention as clear as the stream we sat by. The stars twinkled with the joy I longed for, the happiness you brought by just being in my presence all those nights. For your strenght made me stronger, and inspired me to be more, for you.

I’d been digging my own grave for years and it was getting deeper and deeper, less chances to climb out. Untill you brought a shovel and smiled so bright it light up the sky, and dug up the rubble that entrapped me, where I was burried beneath the dirt. You helped set my fear on fire, as we watched it burn, ironically I felt warm inside too. It had been so long since I’d had a dream that didn’t end in death. All my memories that once radiated with joy and light were now the basis of a bad dream, a nightmare that wouldn’t end. Suck in a loop, the demons were getting bored too, but still took pleasure in watching me fall.

And slowly, less obvious to others, but noticable to me, I was beginning to drown, deeper and deeper. If it wasn’t bad enough that the sun had bured a hole in me when I was above ground, now the water filled my lungs, screaming, but no one heard a thing. Untill you did.

You waltzed in, bright as the stars, with a smile so pure and incandecent. You reached out your hand, freed me of the sorrow, and pulled me out of the deep water to the shallow. I griped on to you, in deperate fear and hope. I had considered giving up, but I’m glad you came before that. I embraced your open spirit in a tight hug. ‘I really needed that.’ I whispered as you smile and grip me tighter. We sat there, I relieved and you smiling as the faint glow of the stars disapeared and the gleaming sun rose once more.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!