Camping Trip

I went to sleep on my soft, fluffy bed sheets. I looked up at the sky, the beautiful stars glistening up above. The sky was deep blue. Then I slowly drifted off to sleep. In the morning I woke up to the beautiful smell of sausages. Mum was buttering some thick slices of fresh white bread. The morning air was cold; everyone was in their robes. My brother Max and I got chocolate milk out of the esky and poured everyone some.

“So, who wants to go for a walk by the lake” suggested dad.

“Not me” I said.

Once we had finished our toast and sausages, everyone but me headed to the lake. As I did yesterday, I went out to the bush near our campsite. This bush was my special place because no one knew about it except for me. As I walked into the bush, I could hear talking so I went further in to see who was in my spot, then I saw a girl.



The girl had perfect blonde hair, aqua blue eyes, and gorgeous tanned skin. She was wearing a big puffy pink dress with purple silk on the bottom. She looked as perfect as a princess. I was so jealous because I have brown hair and green eyes which look like a swamp and extremely pale skin. I asked her how she found this spot and what she was doing here. She said that she had known this place for ages, but she had not been at this campsite for years. The girl spoke with a high-pitched voice, it almost sounded unnatural for a human. Then she offered me some tea, but I passed since I had just had some food. The girl asked for my name and I said to her that my name was Blue. So, then I asked her name. For some odd reason it took her a while to say her name but soon she came out with the name Devil. I did not think much of it at the time. I was just more shocked than anything. The girl asked me if I wanted to be shown something cool and of course I said yes without thinking. So, she pulled back the leafy drape near where she was sitting and when she opened it, there was a beautiful field. It had flowers, crops, fruit, and vegetables. I slowly walked into the room then I felt a cold stiff hand on my shoulder. Before I could turn around the room went black. When my family got back from the lake, they thought nothing of me not being there. An hour had passed and that was when the panic set in. They were scrambling around the whole campsite. When I was awoken, I noticed that I was on a plank. This plank led to steaming hot lava I screamed my head off crying for help but my family was too late to save me. "Noooooooo" I screamed as I fell.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!