A Blink And It's Gone

There was once a fourteen-year-old girl, named Ava who had a mysterious encounter with a shadow. This was no ordinary shadow because, there was no beast that it was attached to. It was a creature of its own.
It was a tall shadow with blood red eyes and sharp talons. Now let’s talk about what happened on that fateful day. It started as a regular school day. Ava had just left her high school and was walking home. Near the park she saw a mysterious figure of some sort of animal looking at her. She blinked and it disappeared into thin air. She continued to walk home, thinking about what she had just seen.
Finally, Ava reached her home and opened the door. The house was empty so her parents must have been at work. She dropped her school bag on the floor, grabbed some snacks and sat down on the couch to watch TV. An hour later... Ava switched off the TV, stretched her arms and got up. She went upstairs to her room to practice playing her guitar. She was not able to play it the way she wanted to, so she fell onto the bed in anger. A few minutes later... she heard a loud creak in the floor. Creeeak!
Ava didn’t think anything of it. But then, she heard other strange noises that made her feel uncomfortable. She got up from the bed and opened the door of her room cautiously. At first, she did not see anything but then she noticed two blood red eyes staring right at her. Ava gulped. Then she realised that it was the same mysterious figure she had seen before. The shadow jumped on her making her fall to the floor. Thud! Then Ava felt as if the shadow was sucking her soul out of her body. She weakly stared at the shadow and realised it was! Ava slowly gathered her strength and stood up to look at the shadow. She blinked and it was gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!