Jade And The Dragon

Long ago, there lived a royal named Jade. She was 15 years old, and an elf, she lived in a palace. Jade was not let out of the palace as her annoying parents and brother had instructed. She snuck off one night anyways.
Jade lived in a palace which was 10m high, painted in royal blue, and had a big garden (and I mean BIG!). Jade’s room was painted white, and was pretty small. Her room was cramped because of all her stuff, but she didn’t mind it.
Jade went on her quest to find a powerful dragon, who, according to the books, had all dragon magic.
“What useless magic!” Jade scoffed. “It doesn’t even have healing!”
She was camping at a cliff for the night, so she could continue looking for the beast in the morning. Then she saw it. A yellow glowing light… Coming from over the edge of the cliff. Then it rose out of its lair and roared. It roared so loud that Jade stumbled back in fright. I can do this! Jade thought. She lunged toward the dragon, sword in her hand, ready to fight.
The dragon backed away. What? Jade thought, looking confused. Why is it scared? The dragon opened its mouth.
“Hello- “It stammered.
“You can TALK?!” Jade yelled.
“Of course!” The dragon replied. I’m getting off track… Jade thought she was dreaming.
“I’m here to fight you!” She screamed
The dragon backed into its lair. After a while, it came out again. It said it didn’t want to fight. It wanted to be her friend.
“You…What?” Jade choked. Jade confessed she didn’t trust it.
“Jump off the cliff, Jade. I will catch you.” The dragon said.
After a while of disagreeing, Jade gave in. Knowing she was going to die, she jumped.
A million thoughts were rushing through Jade’s head as she was falling. Immediately, the dragon swooped down and caught her. The dragon flew away with her on its back.
“Please tell me you know how to heal...!” The dragon said, sadly.
“Healing is my one specialty!” Jade said excitedly.
The dragon explained its mother, the Queen of dragons, had fallen terribly ill. Jade said she would be able to heal her.
When they got to the Queen, Jade found out what was wrong. Poison. She immediately started trying to make the cure. While Jade was making the antidote, the dragon asked if they were friends. Jade laughed. “I guess we are friends after all!” Jade said happily.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!