Daisy The Gryphon

There was once a little baby gryphon named Daisy. She was black on her eagle part and white on her lion part, with fierce yellow eyes and a adventurous heart. She had two siblings, both part of the same clutch of eggs. Her brother, Monty, was golden brown, and her sister, Peony, was a dark grey and the smallest of the three. They lived in a cave on the top of a mountain with Mummy and Daddy gryphon. Mummy gryphon was a golden brown like Monty, and Daddy gryphon was white with black flecks, similar to Daisy and Peony. One day Daisy decided to go on an adventure down the mountain. She asked Mum and Dad, and they both said “yes”.
Daisy started down the labyrinth of tunnels and caves. She walked downhill for a while and wondered at it all. She had never left the cave at the top of the mountain before. When she reached a spot with a cave coming off to the left she decided to explore it. It was full of bright glow worms! They were green and blue and very beautiful.
Then she started off again and reached a junction. She chose right and soon came to a large cave that had little pictures all along the walls. They were pictures of gryphons! She went back the way she came until she reached the junction. She went left and continued on her way.
Eventually she reached another junction and could see light coming off to the left. She chose to go right first. She came to a big, cavernous room with a huge tree in the centre and plants and mosses all around the edges. It was beautiful and steamy, and she actually dozed off for a minute. She awoke suddenly, knowing she would return someday. She went back to the junction and went left this time. She walked downhill for a while and reached two huge wooden doors. She opened one up and and stepped out. She was outside! She snuffled around in the bushes, chased a rabbit, and then went all the way up to her home at the top of the mountain. Her parents and siblings all listened to her stories. Monty and Peony promised to come look the next day.
                                                      

The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!