Candy Land

On a wonderful summer day two little children called Katia and Chris were cleaning their large house earning an allowance. After a few hours of cleaning their rooms, the lounge room and kitchen, they made ten dollars each.
Once they had finished their chores they hopped on their shiny new bikes and rode all the way to their favourite local candy store. At the candy store they were staring at all the magnificent lollies. There were some with swirls and some with polka dots and more, it was like lollipops GALLORE.
Katia and Chris had come to a decision, it was at the very back of the store. The lollipop was rainbow and had a blue swirl in the centre and also tiny purple polka dots were scattered across the top. After gazing at the magnificent lollipop, they saw it was somewhat glowing. But suddenly they saw the small yellow price tag. It turns out that it was twenty dollars. Katia and Chris understood why this magnificent lollipop was SOOO expensive. So, they went to the cash register and gave the cashier their coins and notes. The cashier counted the coins and it added up to twenty dollars. Once they had paid the cashier, he went up to the back of the store and gave them the lollipop. They then safely took it home to their attic to unwrap the magnificent lollipop.
At last, they were in the attic ready to unwrap the lollipop. But soon they were fighting over who should open it. Katia said, “since I am older, I get to open it”. Then Chris said, “since I am the youngest, I get to open it!”. Katia then said, “No!” Chris then said, “Yes!” And so, on it went. Suddenly the lollipop was glowing and shining and began to float! They both gazed in amazement. The lollipop began to unwrap itself. Katia and Chris were mystified. The lollipop floated in between them. The strange white light that was levitating the lollipop pulled their tongues towards it. Their tongues touched the lollipop, which tasted sweet like cotton candy and sour like a lemon, then a mixture of both. Suddenly rainbow bubbles started to appear from the lollipop and colourful bright sparks flew. A blue and purple swirly portal appeared and then sucked them in like a vacuum sucks up dust.
Once the portal had spit them out, they landed on their knees on something soft, sticky, and smelled surprisingly sweet. They looked up and dusted mini marshmallows off their hands. Around them were cotton candy trees with liquorice trunks, houses made of gingerbread and gumdrops, the grass was jelly covered in green sherbet, telegraph poles were enormous candy canes and any sweet you could think of, it would rain from the sky. Katia and Chris were overwhelmed with delight and squealed with excitement, “We are in Candy Land!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!