Jamie's Great Truck Crash

Excellence Award in the 'National Treasures 2022' competition

There was a truck driver called Jamie and he had a Kenworth 604. He liked his truck and kept it shiny and clean. Every day he carted gravel from Sheridan’s Hard Rock Quarry to Tamworth, Metz, Uralla and Hamilton Hill.

One day Jamie was driving to Tamworth and suddenly he crashed into a tree. His truck cab was hanging off a cliff. He had to wind the passengers' window down to climb out. As he was running on the side of the gravel bins, he leapt on to the road and as he leapt off, the truck fell over the cliff. He stood in despair as Randall, who was following behind, grabbed him, and asked him if he was ok.

Then Jamie rang Brock and told him what had happened. After that Randall took Jamie back to the pub. Later in the day Brock came with a brand-new Kenworth and walked into the pub. Brock told Jamie that the truck sitting right there is for you. Jamie thanked him.
Brock said “That is all right, but don't crash this one.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!