Jeff And Slim Dusty

April the 6th 1987, was a very hot and windy day. In the Northern Territory when he wakes up he finds a dingo, then Jeff gives the dingo a pat, then the dingo runs away then the dingo comes back because the dingo found a way to get Jeff out of the outback then he met Slim Dusty. Jeff was like who is this person then slim Dusty said, “Hi I’m slim Dusty. I’m the most famous country singer.” Then Jeff said, “what are your songs that you sing then?” Slim Dusty said, “The songs that I sing are ‘A pub with no beer’, ‘G’day G’day’, ‘lights on the hill’, ‘Waltzing matilda’, ‘Duncan’, ‘When the rain Tumbles Down in July’, We’ve Done us Proud’, ‘Walk a Country Mile’, ‘The Ringer from the Top End’, ‘Where Country Is’, ‘The Three River Hotel’, ‘Indian Pacific’, ‘Leave Him in the Long Yard’, ‘Camooweal’, ‘Old Time Country Halls’, ’By Fire of Gidgee Coal’, ‘Star Trucker’, ‘The Man From Snowy River’, ‘Never was at all’, ‘A Bad Days Fishin’, ‘Saddle Boy’. There’s a heap more, you should listen to them on Spotify.” “Ok I will when we get out of here.” Then they find a plane, they then get in it and start flying off with it. They stop at Uluru and then they get out of the plane and start walking around Uluru and it took them 5 whole hours to walk around the whole thing. Then when they get back to the plane they got back in and went to a hotel. That’s where they had some beers, and they got very drunk. The owners of the hotel were not happy, so the owners kicked them out, so they hopped in the plane and went to the hot springs in Kathrine. When they got there they were like, wow there are a lot of people here. There were only three spots for them so then they left and went to Nitmiluk National Park, and it smelt like bat poo?? They were wearing masks because it smelt so much. The bats were up in the trees and one of the bats pooped on Jeff, he wasn’t happy!! He was running around saying, “I’ve got bat poo on my head!!!” So he then jumped in the gorge to have a swim but he didn’t read the sign, the sign said ‘No swimming crocs in the gorge’ and he jumped in and a croc was following him because the croc could smell the bat poo in the water. He got out before the croc got him. He was so happy that he got the bat poo off his head. So then they hire a canoe to go in the water with. They had to carry the canoe 20km up over hills through bushes through mud until they got to the spot.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!