Easter Praying Mantis

Clank! I was about to climb the white water tank when I tripped on my knee.
I was about to give up, but it didn’t hurt. So I climbed the ladder that led to the top of the tank. When I got to the top, on the left side there was a praying mantis! It had blue and purple spot on each arm. I thought it was 6 or 7 centimetres. Either Way I played with it and walked from my arm to my head then my face and even my pants! And I let it go on the window and it flew away.
Easter Saturday, I woke up in the morning and ate my breakfast then watched some tv and saw the praying mantis on the window outside! It was probably the same as yesterday. It was trapped in a spiderweb. And the spider that owns it was on the right corner of the window. I needed to save it, so I went outside with a broom and got it out. I also played with it and it went from my back to my ear then my nose and then my mouth. I had so much fun I couldn’t bear to put it back in nature but I did.
Easter Sunday, I was talking to my mummy when I saw the praying mantis I saw yesterday and the day before. It was on the door this time, but it was windy today. I had to save it, but I needed to get dressed. Just as I was thinking about that, my mummy went outside to empty the compost. And even when I did dress up and looked at the door, the praying mantis was gone. My mummy said it was on the left so I went outside to get it with a broom. But when I did, it fell and got blown away. I looked everywhere and I found it! It was on my shoulder and I realised it when I was looking near the bin. I wanted to play but it was windy so I went inside with it. I let my little brother hold it. But for a moment he was rough, so my mummy said “I think you should put it back.” So I went outside and climbed the white water tank and put it on the left and climbed down. I thought it would come back but it didn’t. I miss praying mantis. The END.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!