Wake Up Megan



Megan ripped out a sheet of paper from her worn down notebook and crumpled it up. She looked out her fogged up window into the horizon resting her right cheek in the palm of her hand. As she was zoning out she was shocked when there was an attack of lightning. Megan leans over to the window sill to close the blinds but when she grabs the blind to pull them down she slightly brushes her cup, it topples over drenching the notebook. As the water tugs onto the damp pages of the book it makes a great big tear right through the middle of the sheet. Megan begins to panic and charges to the kitchen to get some paper towels.

As she dashes back to her desk she notices a tall faded fume dancing around a cluster of breaking down trees. She scanned around frantically for the fire department. Megan came to the realisation that no one had called the fire fighters. So She snatched her phone frantically and held it in her grasp firmly.She described the situation she was in and held back the temptation to cry, paralysed with fear. But thankfully not too long after the fire fighters came and put out the fire. They made it look as easy as blowing out a candle.

After some time Megan began to calm herself down and tucked herself into bed. She got comfortable and snuggled up to her pillow like a cozy toasted marshmallow.Megan awoke from her pleasant restful snooze and got to her feet making her way to the kitchen. She opens the cabinet and feels a breeze of purified air tickle down her spine. She trembles, fluttering her arms while searching around for the open window. One by one each window loses view. Megan's breath became weary, her eyelids felt like they had weights keeping them shut and she had lost the strength to keep them open. She was cut down like a tree.

Megan started to regain her strength. She flicked her eyes open just to find that she was in the hospital. Megan detected the smell of the fearful dreadful hospital stench. She made an effort to call but nothing came out. She searched the room from her bed for an emergency button and finally caught sight of it. As she reached from her bed she dropped onto the sharp crisp floors. The floor vibrated and was splendidly open. Megan could gasp in some breaths but not enough. Soon Megan felt faint and delicate. Then she dropped down into a wormhole when it all transitioned to an inky jet black hole.
That was the last time we ever heard of Megan Charlie.





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!