Zoo Catastrophe

Excellence Award in the 'National Treasures 2022' competition

The smell of animal fur filled her nose as she took a big bite of her scrumptious ice cream. Happy squealing children gathered around Lydia and she could feel their warm bodies pressing against her. Lydia had long brown wavy hair and blue eyes that sparkled like the ocean. She was a friendly sharing and caring girl.

When Lydia got some yummy popcorn for the dolphin show, a loud gasp and squeal erupted across the auditorium. A lion had escaped. The lion prowled around the audience. A group of kids squealed as their parents held their breathe.

Staff tried to surround the lion, whilst others ushered people through the exits. The lion looked around at the audience. It stared at Lydia and her mom and dad. Lydia was wearing a bright reddish pink shirt and she soon realised that the lion liked her shirt colour, and it was heading her way.

The lion quickly walked up the stairs, turned into the aisle of chairs where Lydia and her mum and dad were sitting in. They froze completely. Lydia curled in towards her parents. Staff quietly crawled up the stairs with nets in their hands. The lion was nearing Lydia. Staff quickly surrounded the lion, tying ropes around the surprised lion. They dragged and pulled the lion towards it cage as it roared with disappointment. Finally captured inside the metal cage, the lion clawed at the thick high fencing.

Lydia thought long and hard and began to feel for the lion. Then suddenly she had an idea. She collected some sticky yummy popcorn in her hand and headed toward the cage. She nervously put her sweaty sticky hand out towards the lion. The lion immediately approached her and licked it up in an instant. Lydia decided then, that this was her happy place, a place she wanted to visit again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!