Easter On The Moon

Once upon a time, not too long ago, there was an Easter Bunny. He was still in Easter Bunny training, but he didn’t mind. His name was Moon, if you did know about Easter Bunny names you would understand this was very strange. Most Easter Bunnies have names that relate to Easter, like Egg or Chick or Chocolate, so Moon got teased for his name at Easter Bunny training. One day, after being teased he went to have alone time and he found a tea pot poking out the ground! He picked it up and rubbed off the dirt. It began to shake rapidly and out came a genie! As surprised as Moon was, he did not run away. Instead, he calmly asked the genie “what are you?” the genie replied, “I am a genie.” “A what?” replied Moon, surprised. “A genie,” said the genie “I can give you three wishes. Just say I wish for something and poof I make it”. So, Moon said “I wish to go to the moon”, “OK!” said the genie, then, poof they were on the moon and there Moon met the three billy goats gruff.
“Hi goats” Moon said, “Hi rabbit, are you here to hide Easter eggs?” “NO” said Moon, “OK” said the three billy goats gruff as their eyes filled with tears. “I just wanted some chocolate this year” the littlest billy goat gruff said as he burst into tears. “It’s OK, maybe next year” sobbed the biggest billy goat. “Wait, I am here to hide Easter eggs” Moon replied after he saw how sad they were. “YAY” said the billy goats gruff as they all jumped in the air. Then, as all the billy goats gruff ran as fast as they could to their home, Moon gasped “I don’t have any Easter eggs! What will I do?”. The genie replied, “then wish for some!”. “Wow are all genies this smart or is it just you?” asked Moon. The genie smiled, “just wish for the eggs.” “OK don’t rush me” giggled Moon, “I wish for lots of Easter eggs”, then in front of him were mountains of Easter eggs.
Now it was time to hide the eggs so of he went, first Moon hid some in a deep crater, then Moon hid one in the bush outside the goat’s house, hiding them all over the moon. Moon went to tell the billy goats gruff he had finished hiding the eggs. When he arrived, he saw the goats had already started looking for Easter eggs, the middle billy goat looked behind a bush, “I found one” he cried, and when all the eggs were found the goats said “thank you Moon” as they shoved chocolate into their mouths. "You're welcome" Moon said, as he burst into laughter. Now most readers think the story would be over and now more books would be written and maybe, just maybe, they are right... or are they?

The end...
or is it?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!