Ladybugs

Have you heard the story of the Ladybugs? They are a strong team who never gives up.
This is how it went, one day there was a girl called Ruby, it was her first day of school and she was walking into her new school when she bumped into a girl called Laura. They instantly became friends because they both talked a lot! They decided to make a group called Ladybugs.
Two girls called May and Kate asked if they could join and they did.
Their first plan was that they were going to raise lots of money for their school, and for the local community. So, they did. They collected money and cans from the neighbourhood for cans for change recycling, and then they cut their hair for a charity for cancer. People loved them.
But secretly, Ruby didn’t like it as much anymore as she missed out on family things, like her mum’s birthday, which made her sad, so she decided to be brave, and told the Ladybugs everything. She explained, she was sorry, but they all said it was fine to have a break, because we all need one too.
She was so happy that they understood, and they all decided to make a roster to explain when they were open for business! They were open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday and they all agreed, they could have breaks any time that they wanted.
Now they had a business and with friends to trust and know that they had their backs.
Two weeks later Ruby got a dog and she named it Glory, so they had another person, well animal, on the team. Three weeks later Laura’s mum had a baby, so Laura got a baby sister. It must frustrate her because she always gets so angry when we ask about the baby, she always just grunts and says ‘’SISTER”! Then we just all laugh and chat and say great things and silly things to each other.
They were so happy with how everything was working, one day a girl asked for their help quickly so they ran as fast as they could go. She said “here, here” we saw a woman. The Ladybugs were in shock, all except Ruby, she got the phone from the floor and called 000 she explained everything that was happening, and was guided to do CPR by the operator, then the paramedics arrived. The woman survived!
Ruby was a hero, and everyone loved her, she was a leader, and started to hope one day she would become a singer. Laura dreamed of becoming an actor, Kate wanted to become a teacher. They all stayed in touch and were well known within the community for everything that had been achieved.
And that, is the story of the Ladybugs and how they came to be such an important group in the community.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!