Captain Jim

Once there lived a boy called Jim, he had smooth brown hair and emerald green eyes with a raggedy white shirt. Jim and his dad lived in a small wooden and unstable house. Jim and his dad loved to sail, fishing for anything to eat because the market food was getting expensive.
One day Jim’s dad said Jim could go out to sea but he had to be back by 9:00pm. Jim got set right away and was out at sea by 6:00pm. When it hit 8:30pm Jim was supposed to be heading home or at least starting to pack up. Jim looked around, he couldn’t see or feel rough waves and he also couldn’t see any dark clouds so he thought that he would stay a bit longer. Jim’s dad started to get worried because the clouds were coming towards him.
As the clouds came towards him, Jim could start to make out dark colours. He quickly packed up and started to head back home. When the storm hit Jim lost control of the small old boat! The boat was heading straight towards a huge pile of sharp rocks. CRASH! The little old boat was in pieces and Jim was stuck on rocks in the middle of the ocean. But that wasn’t the worst, he was also in the middle of a storm and it didn’t look like it was going any time soon!
Jim soon caught a cold and thought he couldn’t survive in the wet weather until…
“Jim!” Cried someone on a nearby boat, that he could only just see.
He was going to be rescued! Jim got on the boat to find his dad holding a towel in one hand and a bowl of soup in the other. Jim thanked him smiling. They sailed home and Jim promised to listen to his father and not to make suggestions that might get him into trouble. Together they lived for a long, long time and out of trouble.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!