Earth To Unknown

It was day 676. Still, no contact of human life was available. The atmosphere was demolishing my insides. The sand, travelling at whopping speeds of over thirty kilometres per hour. The nearest star, XB - 102, as I’ve named it, has been dropping its gamma rays, destroying my skin. All I could think about was what would’ve happened if I made a different choice. The choice that would’ve kept me out of this mess. This is the only thing keeping my sanity, my diary, and has been my only choice of documenting my findings before THEY catch me again. If I didn’t know better, this would be at least the tenth time my memory’s been erased - if I’ve counted properly. I’ve learnt to resist their technology. Today, my canteen was only half filled with water, food supplies are running scarce and my camp’s slowly being torn apart. I’ve managed to hunt creatures, although many have survival instincts. The only weird thing about this ‘planet’ is that every time I remember dying, I’m back. My campsite was in front of me, the rashes and bruises disappeared off of my arms.
Everything I’ve found out about these supernatural beings is documented on posters I’ve managed to keep after my incident. Every night, when rain was pouring as hard as stars, I’ve made sure to keep my canteen outside and refill it. Every night, only a quarter is filled. This planets’ resources are incredibly inhumane and can be used for enhanced technology. Multiple times, I’ve tried excavating and converting materials and minerals into weapons, armour and an upgraded bunker. Every time, I’ve either been blown to smithereens or I’ve come up with an incorrect formula to mix the materials.
The next day, being 677, I’ve decided to head to a big UFO hovering over the sands everyday - I’ve been way too anxious to even go close to it. But civilisation is an option that’s certainly been crossed off my list for being rescued. I had nothing to lose. If I was correct, if I was to fail, I would generate back to the campsite.
As I crossed the violent dunes, windy hurricanes full of unknown substances, the UFO, hovering above me was feeding off of the planet! Little molecules and particles of the planet were being sucked into the Unidentified Flying Object, tearing this planet to shreds within a week - at most. I only had one more option. Get on board.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!