Gazing In To A World

I gazed at the red sunset as it washed away to night. My mother calls, ‘’dinner!’’ as I looked for my father. He probably did not hear me. I walked off the porch to go to the veggie garden. I saw him on the ground and blood was gushing everywhere. I screamed out to my mother; she came rushing out. I ran inside to grab a towel to stop my father from losing blood. I checked his neck but he was not breathing. My mother asked, ‘’is he still breathing?’’ I replied with a slow shake of my head from to left to right. As she grabbed the towel with a dreadful look, she went inside to wash the red, boiling blood off it.

As she started crying, I dug a hole outside for my father. I gently gave my him a push and he rolled in. But underneath my father was a katana! A portal suddenly appeared in front of me. I yelled for my mother. She rushed onto the porch, and she screamed, ‘’get away from the portal! ‘’ The portal started pulling me in and I grabbed my father’s killer’s katana. I appeared on the other side, and I saw a path right in front of me to a little town in the distance.

I wandered the pathway to the town and I asked around to all the people who lived there if I could stay. In the town one person said yes but with a sly look. I kindly declined with a fearful face, but she pulled me inside the house, and this was where I was to be staying. I said, “ok”, and walked to my room and I went to sleep. The moon rose into the sky and the clouds turned bright white. I woke up later and looked outside. I saw her playing a flute and was great at playing. I listened to this song when I was little. The rhythm was so good that I peacefully fell asleep.

Morning. I woke up and said thank for letting me stay for the night. I opened the door and kept following the bright yellow path. As I walked down the path, I heard all kinds of sounds; some were quite disturbing, and some were quite nice. I been walking for hours now, and I was still hearing the same creepy sounds but I kept walking on my way. I saw a child on his knees crying. I sat next to him and said, “is everything ok?” He yelled at me and said, “of course everything is ok”, but shape shifted into a monster. Its teeth were as bloody as red ants. I grabbed the katana out and I started trying to stab the strange looking monster and I started running off. I escaped the monster and I sat against a tree and softly drifted to sleep. In mind I always wondered if my father would ever come back into the world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!