George And Grandma

George and Grandma

George and his grandma live under the same roof yet seem to stay away from each other like they’re on different planets. Grandma never seems to peak George’s interest as her eyes go blank while holding a boiling cup of tea. When George wants to ask Grandma something like an important decision, she takes what feels like years to decide. She is so incredibly old that she needs to drink lots of caffeine to wake her up. She loves to knit whereas George hates it.

This old lady doesn’t do much cooking, but she wears an apron anyway to hide her disheveled, ripped clothes underneath. She cannot afford to cut her finger and toenails, so she has to let them grow. Like concrete that hasn’t been washed for decades, she wears a dark beige top. Because she is undoubtfully poor, she had to knit all of George’s and her clothes from scratch. Luckily, she likes knitting.

Although George and Grandma don’t talk much, they really don’t mind living under the same roof as they have lots of love for each other.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!