Last Chance

The forest was still in a way of quietude the only sound you could hear was the Grim Reaper sharpening his already razor sharp skythe. His skin looked very cadaverous and he had a univiting black hooded cloak. Ruby who was his target an innocent 12 year old girl ley down on the ground absouloutly paralyzed in fear. Blood dripped down Ruby's body in an unsatisftying way, her heart screamed for help in her chest. Ruby's body ached all over as the Grim Reaper had striked her wih his skythe before. He was about to come for her again and she didn't feel intrepid at all.
Ruby found some strength in her hands and began nervously fidgeting with the viridescent moss she could just reach. As soon as that Grim Reaper turned around it was the end for Ruby and she hadn't even been able to say goodbye to her family. Ruby's family's limp bodies ley next to her, the Grim Reaper had killed them all before she had the ability to save them. Beads of sweat dripped down Ruby's face as she glanced at her now dead parents. Ruby's skin had originally been the colour of Porcelain now it had turned to a deathly pale colour that gave her the shivers. Ruby shakily ripped at the moss with her hands while lying down, it however made an unfortunate crunchy sound and Ruby froze to the spot.

The Grim Reaper froze as well and Ruby pictured him having beady black eyes under his hood. The Grim Reaper's hooded head began to rotate untill it finally faced Ruby. The Grim Reapers thin lips twisted into a bone chilling smile and Ruby began to tremble. "Last chance" The Grim Reaper hissed as he floated towards her putting his chilly icy breath in her face. "L...a.....s....t chance for what?" Ruby asked weakly as he seemed to stare into her soul. "Oh haha nothing much little child just tell me where your hiding the powers'' The Grim Reapers laugh echoed through the forest soothingly in a supernatural way. A sudden hint of a memory came over in Ruby's mind she wanted to grasp it , grab it it, grip it all Ruby wante dto do was acomplish the goal of making that memory clearer. The name powers had triggerd something in Ruby's mind. After a while of pressuring her mind Ruby was able to recover the memory. The memory had been of her mother telling her about these powers. "Ruby you are a very special child you will one day discover how the world needs you as much as I do you hold powers. The memory ended with Ruby questioning herself.

Suddenly something happend to Ruby as she returned to reality, she felt a surge of burning anger a flame inside of her. Ruby glared at the Grim Reaper and hit him with this emotion powerfully. He collapsed to the ground and Ruby looked back at her parents smiling warmly.







FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!