Griffin In The Rain

Finalist in the 'Unleashed 2022' competition

I watch the storm from the old laundry step.
Pitter-patter, pitter-patter goes the rain.
The dark, black, large clouds flicker with blindingly bright lightning.
The lightning looks like yellow highlighter scribbled across a black page.
Pitter-patter, pitter-patter goes the rain.
Suddenly, the sky BOOMS and BANGS with thunder.
I feel the rain lightly spraying my fur. I move backwards.
Pitter-patter, pitter-patter goes the rain.
The rain pours harder. I get into a box with golden warm mulch sprinkled in it.
Splish-splash, splish-splash goes the rain.
I curl up in a ball and scratch behind my ear.
The rain starts to bucket down like a huge tap.
Crash-splash, crash-splash roars the rain.
I meow. I want to go inside, but I would get soaked.
So I go to sleep. Crash-splash, splash-splish, drip-drop. Drip… drip…
When I wake up, the rain is over.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!